Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Natural Calming Product - Select At Ease


Sometimes, we all need to take the edge off. In barrel horses, that sometimes may come around more often than not. Instead of resorting to PromAce, which can be expensive and can have nasty side effects, I've found a product that is working wonders for a young horse I have - At Ease, made by Select the Best. 

This young horse had never been off the farm when I bought her, and she was extremely nervous all the time. She had worried away all of her weight, and though she was eating bagfuls of Strategy, she couldn't pick up the weight. She would jump and kick in her stall, and no matter how much we rode her, she never got tired of pawing or screaming. We hauled her to shows and rodeos, and even though she rode fine, she acted like a weanling tied to the trailer. 

So, in February, a friend gave me an old tub of At Ease powder that she had had for years and had never used. She just said she didn't know if it would help or not, but that it was worth a try. Desperate, I gave it a shot. 

I gave her a tablespoon of At-Ease powder for four days before I took her anywhere, then gave her extra a few hours before we hauled. Within a few weeks, she was standing quietly at the trailer, picking up weight and not pawing when tied. She could concentrate on her barrels rather than the other horses, and her times changed dramatically. 

At-Ease has Thiamine (B1), Pyridoxine (B6), Tryptophan (an amino acid) and Magnesium in its easy-to-feed powder, and my horse seems to not mind eating it. Before I started feeding it, I thought that maybe she was getting ulcers and I was really worried about her overall health. Now that she isn't fussing all of the time, though, I'm not so much worried about her stomach. 

I know a lot of people use Ace to calm their horses down before competition, but this product takes the edge off without losing speed or performance. 

Big Dee's carries it, and within Ohio can deliver it within one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment